Bass Suckout in a Square Room - Remedies and Solut

Hi All,

My problem is I've got major mid-band and lower bass suckout with my speakers.
The bass dissapears in the seating position. But if you stand up either side of my sofa the the bass returns.
I would like to hear from anybody who has a similar problem and what solutions they use to eliminate the problem.
I can't move to another room in the house. But this is a dedicated hi-fi room. So there is a degree of flexibility.
Thanks
Meth
methodology
Move things around. One of my audio rooms is nearly square. In fact, at 16x15x8, it approximates a half cube. You will have to move the speakers and listening position to find an useful arrangement. RPG makes an interesting program to help with this:
http://www.rpginc.com/products/roomoptimizer/ There are more sophisticated but more complex programs to do similar things.

Kal
I doubt it's the room....try removing the couch! A friend had the same problem, after reading Jim Smith's book Get Better Sound, he saw the same situation listed and did as instructed by Jim, and no bass probs....try it and see what happens...
Also double check the polarity(+ and -) on your speakers and amps connections.
Do you happen to have your speakers on a long wall in a rectangular room? I'm 0 for 2 in good sound in that situation, the issue both times being the bottom is sucked out.