AKG Headphones: New K272 HD vs K702 vs Beyer ?

I'm not that familiar with the AKG headphones, but they seem to get high praise when I do see a comment about them. I know the K701's and K702's are the usual contenders, but has anyone compared these to the newer AKG offerings like the K272HD?

Also, has anyone compared the AKG cans to the Beyer Dynamic DT880's?

Right now I'm using a pair of Sennheiser HD595 phones with a dedicated headphone amp by G&W. I think they sound pretty good and of course their character changes with different interconnects between the source and amp. My goal is to improve on the Sennheisers with phones that may be more detailed and have a touch deeper bass. I don't find the Sennheiser 595's particularly lacking... the fact that I'm getting such good results that it has me curious to try other headphones that may be even better. I mainly want natural sounding phones that are great in the midrange and pretty good elsewhere.
plato
I used to have the same one as yours Cyber 20 but I sold it.

I'm not using a Cyber 20 (sold a while ago). I'm using a maxxed out Woo Audio WA6SE. Love it. I concur that the performance of the 701/702 has the potential to leap ahead with the right amp. It still wasn't the answer for my ears so I sold my 702. Plenty of folks love'em though...mine is only one opinion.
I have brand new pair of 702's and think they're fantastic. I agree that with the right amp, they take a leap ahead. They are also the most comfortable cans I've had on my head, moreso than even Sennheisers. I had Blue Jeans Cable make me a 15' cable for them and they sound much better with this cable than with the original. My problem is I'm not using them. I thought I would use them more than I do, and may be forced to sell them, although I've only had them for two weeks now. It took forever to get them as they were on back order and came straight from Austria.
i still love them since I've heard on my music that I haven't heard ever before!