What is the best two channel SACD player for $1500

I am currently using a Sony C555ES SACD player that is six years old. I have a Cambridge 840A V2 integrated amp and Totem Sttaf speakers. Can I significantly upgrade my SACD player for $1500.00 or less? I am tracking the players currently posted but would like some input.

Dmg
dmg
Hello,

90% of my listening is SACD.My player does a poor job in the CD format, so the % is skewed.The vast majority of my SACD's are classical- both symphonic and impressionistic. Others include Keb Mo,Diana Krall,Ray Charles,Ella Fitzgerald and some 70"s rock. I am considering the player you mentioned. I will probably choose a two channel player. I will certainly stay in touch. Thanks again.

Regards,

Dmg

Rich,

Can you please comment on the Sony XA9000ES? Is that worth considering?

Regards,

David
David,

Well, none that come to mind at the price point you mentioned. Rich does make a good point in regards to getting the best CD player and keeping the Sony as a sacd only player.

For me, the Marantz was good enough to do both very well, so thats what I decided to do. I fully enjoy it and have had more than my share of players in house to compare it to.

Good luck with your decision and happy listening.

Ken
Ken,

Thanks for the reply and well wishes. My intention is to upgrade my SACD player. I love what I have read about the Marantz you suggest, but have not heard it. By the time I do this my budget may be $2,000.00, who knows? It's only money, right! I intend to get a very good player, that I can tell you with certainty.

Regards,

David