Any audiophile who is on blood pressure medication

I was put on HBP medication couple weeks ago due to slight blood pressure elevated from 135/85 in am to 145/92 in early pm time and my life has been turning up side down. As much as I love to listen to the music and mess around with my equipments on my day-off, now I see myself tired all days coping with the side effects of different type of HBP meds. I have not be able to turn on my gear for weeks due to the lacking of energy and I wonder how do other audiophiles who has the same medical issue can overcome the tiresome to enjpy the music. Please share some thoughts .
andrewdoan
Rich- too good to be true :) Got no problems with that guy ED, but it's good to know Cozaar may help keep him away.
If you need HBP Meds I believe THERE IS A KEY : SMALL DOSES FROM SEVERAL CATEGORIES . More expensive yes , but fewer side effects . I take Zestoretic ( combo ace inhibitor and diuretic ) , Norvasc ( calcium channel blocker ) , and Monocor ( Beta Blocker ) . I take small doses of each . When I used to take fewer pills and start increasing the doses , I had problems I don't have now .
Thanks to all the posters here. My pressure is starting to inch up (140/80) and the side effects of these meds give me pause. Starting taking Fish Oil, potassium/magnesium supplements and will report back.
I hear once you start taking blood pressure meds, you're on them for life, your body adjusts to having them present. Not for me if I can help it naturally.
>> I hear once you start taking blood pressure meds, you're on them for life,

That is not true. I spent close to 10 years on them. About two years ago they cut the dose in half and about six months ago I was taken off them completely. I had no problem with the adjustment. Again, it is something where you just need to work closely with your doctor.

A lot just depends on how much work one is willing to do. A better diet can help with blood pressure issues, as can weight loss, exercise. eliminating or reducing alcohol and learning to deal with stress. All of those things can help but many people are unwilling to take those steps to the extent necessary.