Your method for discovering great music.

I'm in a slump. It has been a while since I've discovered new music that I really like. And when I say "new" I mean new to me. Maybe even rediscovered would count as new.

I do not have a method. I usually stumble into new music that I like. I also don't have loads of hours to sort through tons of stuff I don't like. Plus I find that random sort of pursuit to be frustrating and unrewarding most of the time.

Amazon Music had half decent 'recommended for you' lists but I don't recall if that ever paid off. I use Qobuz now which sucks in that particular department.

I've found a few bands that I like from recommendations here at Audiogon but I have not been here much lately.

So I'm curious as to how some of you approach that search for great music that is either actually new, new to you or rediscovered.

n80

Used to buy random albums at Goodwill but with streaming, the 3000 or so vinyls I have are sitting fallow. 

Now it's"   Radio Paradise => Qobuz => "Go to Artist" => "Similar Artists" and you're off on an adventure.   

BTW, when I find someone or something interesting, it gets tagged in my Qobuz "Follow Up" playlist.  Radio Paradise has multiple channels so you can mood-hop as needed. 

Roon is built for discovery.  Definitely a good place to start.  But beware, it's a rabbit hole that includes overbuilding gear and a large amount of network troubleshooting.  Roon's first answer to any user problem is "it's your network."  You could live in a colocation facility and they'd say that. 

Many references in this post to Rasio Raradise. I does offer a great means to find new music but I have an issue. Each time I "tune in" (typically to Main Menu) the same rotations of music reappear. It appears there is a limited playlist or number of playlists that are repatedly used so, at least in my experience, the opportunity for new discoveries is lost. Is there some solution I'm unaware of? 

@dsands 

Each time I "tune in" (typically to Main Menu) the same rotations of music reappear.

This has never happened to me. Are you using the App or connecting via an internet browser?

@dsands  - Any chance you are listening to an off-line cache that you downloaded? I use that feature when I fly. I download a couple of medium bitrate caches onto my mobile phone, so I can listen in off-line mode while my phone is in airplane mode.