Youngsters these days.

My 24 year old grandson finished his tour in the service recently and has been staying with us for the past several months. He got himself a good job, to help out and take care of himself, while deciding what to do in the future - back to school, etc.
After he got a few good pay checks, I joking suggested he buy his Pa a new CD player. If looks could kill. "Why would you want a new CD player?" He asked. I told him "just to upgrade the one I have". "No one buys CD players anymore" he exclaimed. "Then what's your Idea of fine Audio, a WalkMan?" I asked. "WOW! There's not even any such thing as a WalkMan any more" he said. To which I replied, "Ya there is, we have a guy on our forum who swears by em". He just rolled his eyes and said "No - Streaming! Using an iPhone or iPad you can get a streaming package and get all the music you want". "Why would I want to do That?" I asked "I have hundreds of great LPs and CDs, that I'm perfectly happy with." To that he replied "OK Boomer".  I guess that meant he knew I was right.
Why is it that youngsters just don't understand the love that some of us old folks have for our old LPs and CDs and we  have no interest in paying for another monthly service, to listen to all the music we already have?
jhills
glubson, Yea, I do that too. Sometimes we just remember the parts that stand-out. Although your mind went beyond ... 😳
Back on topic ... Jim, I'm with you on the software. I fell in LOVE with records while young ( besides tape) that's what there was! When CDs arrived, B&O came out with a player for $1000. I said I'll  NEVER get CDs!! That is the only time in my life I went back on a " I'll never". I'm in the eastern tri-state area and even still enjoy NYC FM jazz and classical. I feel very safe in saying I'LL NEVER STREAM!!! HA
About 1/4 of my recent music purchases have been of music I already have on LPs (purchased just for the convenience of being able to use my streamer/server instead of the record player).  Many of the currently available digital sources of reissues sound quite bad.  I've looked on discogs for alternative CD sources, such as Japanese CDs, but, the prices are extraordinarily high.  It seems that good CDs, like good LPs are still in demand enough to command a lot of money.
@isochronism I feel very safe in saying I'LL NEVER STREAM!!! HA

Yea, that's where I was a week ago, but now thinking - maybe just a little. LOL

@larryi  Many of the currently available digital sources of reissues sound quite bad.

I've found the same, even on the re-mastered CDs of some of my old favorites. I did a side by side comparison a few weeks ago and found the re-mastered CDs to sound bad compared to the originals. 

Jim
Jim, Now your grandson will say "see gramps, I told you so" and roll his eyes again!!! Then you can tell him "that so-called Bootcamp you went through didn't do it's job"!!! "now pass me that darn remote so I can do some streaming, boy"!! HA