Yamaha A-S 1000 & 2000 --- How Good?

These have been well reviewed, but have not seen much from owners. Has some one had a chance to listen to the Yamaha versus gear from Accuphase, Luxman, McIntosh (or smaller integrateds from LFD, Lavardin, etc.) and other top flight integrated SS contenders. I expect it would be a very solid value, especially at street prices for the Yamaha gear, but how does it fair against some if top gear out there? Love the look as an added bonus (yup, in my early 50s). Some say with their R&D prowess that can make a great piece of gear if they set their mind to it - did they do it? (As an additional bit of info - should it matter - my speakers only need 30-40 watts or so, and are very easy loads for amps - tube friendly).
pubul57

Showing 1 response by joc3021

I have the cds 1000 cd player. Use it as an SACD player and a transport for a DAC. Sounds great with SACD and very good on red book. It can be modded by VSE for ultimate performance. Great build quality, better than the Sony 5400. I don't hear the brightness someone mentioned, but very clear, clean and well balanced sound. Haven't heard the integrated amp, but know some folks who dumped some pretty good separates for it. Yamaha put some serious effort into these pieces.