Wow, $10k+ cables

I’m a true cables believer. I do believe they can make (significant) improvement to system but $10,000+ for a single power cord or a pair of interconnect? Cmon now
128x128nasaman
Actually Roxy, you wasn’t voicing an opinion, you was insulting the OP and others participating. If you don’t like cable threads, you are not obligated to follow or participate in them - just move along to something else that interests you. ;-) ...Jim

@rspyder They are either disgruntled with their lot in life (e.g. a spouse who wears the proverbial pants, a wallet that squeaks so loud they hate to open it, etc.) or their skills of self-persuasion require constant exercising with selfish expectations of indulgence on our part. Not having a fact-based opinion because it's foreclosed by those circumstances, however, doesn't prevent them from expressing their frustration-based comments.

You assume a lot. First I do poo poo the idea of $1K + per ft, cables. Second, I've been happily married for some 45 years now and even though she doesn't share quite the same level of enthusiasm in audio as I, she is quite liberal with my indulgences. 

So that out of the way - it could be that some of us who poo poo these ridiculously high dollar cables and cords have been, or are, in industries that depend on cabers for their livelihoods or produce such cables - none of which, for any purpose, cost thousands of dollars per foot. Not in the performance of the music you listen to, not in the production of the music you listen to, not in the airline industry or even in the air-space industry or in the CERN. To each their own, but not in any other hobby or industry would anyone be gullible enough to spend thousands of dollars per foot for cable or power cords - just keeping it real....Jim 

@rspyder,

Great and articulate feedback concerning your individual experience with cables. I also have a hybrid in terms of mixed cables. I just added a 1 meter XLR Audioquest Fire cable between my Aesthetix Io Eclipse and Octave Jubillee preamp. This cable replaced my beloved Audioquest Sky’s that I have owned for years. I use pure silver custom built Neotech speaker cables, and use Tempo electric ICs between Octave Jubilee preamp and amps, McIntosh Mc2301s.

In terms of cable character, based on my humble experiences, I have tried many cables over the years, and mostly what I have learned, is that cable capacitance, shielding, and connectors, the way they are connected to the cable, can have an influence on the sound. I kicked out notably high end cables when installed in my system and felt that they were flat in sound and muddied the bass, or reduced the bass qualities. The Neotech pure copper ICs with WBTs, either copper or silver connectors, constantly remained in my system as my default reference. The Skys changed that some, they provide me the natural qualities of sound you described with the Odin 2. The similarities between these cables which exhibit natural and organic sound, seem to me to be perhaps low capacitance. I know that’s not all, it’s the combined ingredients and interaction with the system which will determine the final sound. I guess, what I mean to say, is that cables on either side of the price spectrum can sound better or worse in ones system, depending on the combined or totality of the components in the system and the type of cable build. I would love to demo a cable such as an Odin in the future to gauge what influence, or lack of influence, it has on the sound on my system, and how it compares with my current benchmark of sound qualities with my cables.

Nice system. Previously, I owned Octave MRE130s with Super Black Box, and Octave HP 500SE preamp with built in phono.
Off-topic Question? What tubes are you using in your Octave Jubilee? Send me a PM if you like to discuss the Jubilee. Not many owners on the forums, Thanks.
"Actually Roxy, you wasn’t voicing an opinion, you was insulting the OP and others participating."

jhills,
Where did you learn English?  
You nailed it @rspyder !!
I love these posts. The contrarians who poo-poo the efficacy of expensive cables often appear in other posts questioning the merits of expensive audio products. They are either disgruntled with their lot in life (e.g. a spouse who wears the proverbial pants, a wallet that squeaks so loud they hate to open it, etc.) or their skills of self-persuasion require constant exercising with selfish expectations of indulgence on our part. Not having a fact-based opinion because it's foreclosed by those circumstances, however, doesn't prevent them from expressing their frustration-based comments.

It's not about whether they can or cannot afford to pay more. Hobbyists who operate within a prescribed budget are quite content with value-based high performance systems and work diligently to accomplish that end. They bear no grudge against those who chose to spend more. This describes most of the members in our large and active local audio club.