Wires for a Jolida JD 1000RC and Selah Audio SA-1

I've been out to touch with my audiophile wonder- and wanderlust and last not least with the wonderful people here whose passion I once shared. Hence the question:

I am setting this up for a friend on a budget: What cabling would you suggest, wires which neither subtract nor add, speaker and interconnect.... Anyone around? Albert, Clueless, Gregm, Nrchie, Sugarbrie, just to mention a few of our once noble crew. Goertz came to mind, because of their low capacitance, but then what do I know.....
detlof

Showing 4 responses by detlof

Jond, thanks... yes and to continue in the highjacked vein, what has happened to ASA? Wished he were still here.
I searched for Clueless, but his postings are all way back in time. Sean is still around, wished he gave me an idea about what wires to recommend......
Dear Greg, a joy to have your response. The friend has in the meantime opted for the next expensive model with three drivers, forgotten what the name is, but your idea sounds intreaging. Could use it in my Unimog as well. The travels have been interrupted by an old man*s affliction, but PSA levels are down after radiation, so its only been Sardinia this year, but extensively, now driver and vehicle are in for rejuvenation and plans for spring seem to point eastwards. We will see...Music these days is via walkman and earphones, but it still thrills this old soul.
Cheers and bless your ears (:
Thanks T bone for your kind words and your suggestions, which I'll take up. It warms my heart to get this kind of response from the old gang. Feels great!
Thanks T bone for pointing me to this thread, where obviously some of the best and imaginative brains here have been at work.

I think I'll have a try at Greg's idea with magnet wire, also for ICs and yes, the Mog has turned out to be a perfect choice, though I had to give up the idea of lining the cabin's inside with stators. There was too much of what we here in Europe call Electrosmog and abhore, but I stuck with the Dom Perignon. You were right about that.
Sad to hear of JD's hear condition.......
Cheers