Wilson W/P 6 with Krell 350 MCX ?

I am a little gun shy about pulling the trigger on a pair of Wilson audio W/P 6 ($10,000) to go with my Krell 350mcx and krell KTC preamp. The Wilsons sound great in the store but it is a lot on Money! Tell me I am making the right move!

Thanks,
Duane
duanea
I've found Krell and Wilson to be a harsh sounding comob(with great dynamic bass). Some people like that combo, but it has never floated my boat. You need a warmer speaker with Krell.

I own WP7's. Not looking for a flame war, just my personal preference.
i tried a highly modified parasound 2200 mk2 (close sonically to the JC1) and i found it a bit too hi-fi, not musical enough.

switching to a SET amp reversed that relationship; not very hi-fi, but very musical...

i'd lose the krell but keep the WP6s. they're great speakers...
I respectfully disagree with cytocycle, who I know and have purchased equipment from. I have owned the 5.1's with my Krell 600C and 650MC mono's driven by the KPS-25SC. Krell is ruthlessly honest and if you have a weak link, you're going to hear it. If your front end CDP, turntable/Cartridge and cabling are up to snuff, it won't be bright. What sounds bright on a Krell/Wilson system is lousy recordings...and unfortunately there a lot's of those around. Good recordings sound incredible, bad one's sound worse. Try to demo them to be certain.
Rhyno: "lose the Krell but keep the WP6s"...they're great speakers but the Krells are...what exactly? Those amps, and that preamp, are among the very finest ever manufactured.

Duane: you'll do just fine with that combo! Don't worry one single bit.
depends what you like. if you like hi-fi, krell & WP6s are fine.

i like music. thus the rec.

(yes, i've heard the krell monsters, thus the rec).

rhyno
The new CX series is much different than prior FPBs. The highs are much, much smoother--if anything, could be rolled off a hint.

Wouldn't hesitate to recommend the combo--though I prefer BAT tubes on the Wilsons.
Rhyno, exactly what is "hi-fi?"

I thought that was reserved for the SET crowd. But I may be wrong. Oh I see, sharply rolled off highs and low power without linearity, extension or ability to provide current into demanding loads, that's anti-hi-fi. Yeah, now I get it. LOL!
my SET puts out 55wpc into a 4r load, thank you. i've numerous acquaintances who've said they've never heard WPs sound as good as at my place...the amp is why. i've no idea how flat the response curve is; i don't care. it sounds good. (fwiw, rolling the highs w/ WPs is a good thing; the tweeter is too hot).

the WP6s are amusical. so is krell (at least older models). partnering the two together is a great way to impress people w/ a system you won't listen to when they're gone.

only a rare SS amp can make the WPs sing; older krell isn't it.
Rhyno- how far do you sit from yours?

Just curious as the picture makes it appear you have a very small room, and hence why 55 may work well.
maybe 9' from front baffle. so yes, room size may very well impact amplifier compatibility.

rhyno