Wilson Sophia 1 vs vandersteen 2ce

Hi, this may be a no-brainer but I'm looking for some reassurance. I'm looking for a substantial speaker upgrade over my 2ce's. I'm looking at used Sophia 1s. I also have the vandy sub. The rest of by system is :
vtl preamp
belles 150 v2
vpi Classic 1 with dynavector karat.
thanks!!!!
128x128sinewave93
My only recommendation would be,  don't sell the Vandersteen 2ce for at least a year if you decide to buy the Sophia.  If you can't afford both then you need to wait.  It's too easy to get seduced by something different in your new system and then a few months later really miss something else from your old system. Also the way speakers interact with a room makes home audition critical.  The 2ce are excellent speakers giving wonderful transparency and imaging. If the sub is working well in your room and integrated well, the Sophia might not improve in the bass department. Personally I would look into trying different amps (maybe a VTL, pass or BAT) with your vandersteens. Really depends on what type of improvement you are hoping for (imaging? dynamics? transparency? loudness? bass?) and what kind of music you mainly enjoy.
Based on my memory of hearing the 2ce many times and the original Sophia once (room and system caveats noted), my sense is that the Wilson will have substantially more energy through the presence region than your 2ce.  You may hear this as improved detail, dynamics and "jump" factor or you may hear it as aggressive and "forward" sounding.  No one is going to know that except you, and you won't know til you hear them.

Just MHO and one more data point for you.
Well said Jessica,
I was a ML fan for 30 years and 2 years ago bought Wilson Maxx used.
Kept my Prodigy's for over a year before selling to make sure I was where I wanted to be with the Wilsons, I am:-)

Best of luck sinewave.
Bob
To answer a few comments/questions-

I plan to keep the 2ce's. They are going into my basement to replace some Linn speakers (hooked up to a rega integrated amp and dj setup).

I did take the plunge and bought the sophias. I'll have them in a few weeks and will report back. Too good of a deal to pass up. Now I need to figure out the cables!

I listen to a lot of electronic/synth/techno and experimental music.

I'm very excited!