Wilson Audio MAXX series III

Hi there,

anybody has more info about as on the Wilson side?
price? heard it? maybe against a Maxx series II!

thanks

Jürgen
foghost
While Wilson's prices go up with each revision, so does the performance. Also, this doesn't lessen the existing models at all. And creates a fantastic resale market and great opportunities for some.

Seems like big change on the way for the MAXX III. Much more than the change from I to II, which was a nice improvement. I suspect the MAXX III is closer to the Alexandria than the MAXX II (I can't base that on any factual listening, just a assumption on my part)
Wilson has the New Maxx series III on there website. The New Maxx III's looks like a Mini Alexandria. It uses the same technology as there flagship speaker. Plus the Maxx III's will cost you about 20K more then the Maxx II's
I am tempted but I made an interesting calculation. Used Maxx IIs will go for about 25K. The 40K difference in price is a ton of money. You can almost buy a 2nd hand pair of Alexandria for that much. While Wilson is a great speaker, no speaker does it all. So my thoughts are.... get a 2nd speaker setup. For 40K there are a ton of great speakers out there that would give anice 2nd voicing.
dgad: pretty good math :) I am just wondering how close the maxx 3 comes the the Alexandria soundwise.

maybe alexandria series 1 $$'s / 2 = maxx 3