Wilson Audio Haters

I've always wondered why there are so many people out there, that more than any other speaker manufacturer, really hate the Wilson line. I own Maxx 2's and also a pair of Watt Puppys. They are IMHO quite wonderful.

Why does Wilson get so much thrashing?

128x128crazyeddy
p59teitel,

I'm not a client of bo1972's, but I'm very satisfied with my Monitor Audio PL500's. I think bo1972 goes about it the wrong way and talks about audio as absolutes as opposed to opinions/preferences. I've been in this hobby/obsession for 30 years. I don't know everything, but I think the room has a large impact on what speaker works best for your particular preferences.
Although not "speakers", I recently traded subwoofers with my friend. I had a SVS SB16 Ultra and he had a JL Audio F110 v2. My room is larger than his and has acoustical treatment; however his room is completely open. In my room, no matter what I did the SB16 wasn't musical and had too much output. In his room , no matter what he did he felt the F110 v2 lacked output. Now both of us are happy! Different rooms, different results. I might add, different preferences. He prefers exaggerated bass, I prefer very tight musical bass. 
p59teitel,

LOL :)

ricred,

I can confirm again that MA PLII series are some special speakers. Very nice sounding and the stage is very spatial. I have listened these many times with different amps and they are far from distorted sounding. Vast majority of other brands are just a bit boring and mid-fi sounding. No need to even a-b or some blind tests.

JL makes one of the best subs available and for a reasonable price. I have F112 myself and must say that they have incredible customer service as-well. I must also thank Barry from Soundoctor. Very helpful and knowledgeable person. Barry has a guide with test CD on how to properly set up JL sub that I can recommend. It is very profound. Nothing that you will find on some webpage. Anyway you have extremely good speakers. Don`t worry what some measures or thinks.
ricred1

your speakers appear to be about 4 feet from the front wall. 
how deep does the drummer play on most recordings with no digital processing - just a 2 channel amp ?

also have you heard them butted close up against the front wall ?
what is the drummer depth this way also?  

thanks    
@ricred1

Your PL500 must sound fantastic. My comments above with regard to MA design are primarily directed at Bo who is a shill for MA on a thread about Wilson. The design choices or trade offs MA have made have clearly resulted in a world class speaker. I just deliberately disagree when Bo claims MA have discovered some new 3D paradigm in audio that totally trashes everything else. I just wanted to point out that Bo's 3D discovery while desirable, impressive and enjoyable - might not be what every audiophile or speaker designer is striving for. Simply put - there are tradeoffs in every design. Horses for Courses. There isn't one speaker that is totally perfect at everything but there probably is an ideal speaker for each audiophile - one that suits listening preferences, space and aesthetics...
ct0517,

My speakers are 5 ft from the front wall. 
As far as how deep the drummer appears when setup properly or close to the wall? I'm not Bo and really not interested in a conversation about that. They sound good to me and I enjoy listening to music more than ever before...that's more important to me.