Why the hate for mcintosh amps?

Why dont people,like mcintosh? Who motivates this?

so what are the alternatives??
emergingsoul

Showing 10 responses by decathlon1991

I’ve covered the globe with different brands of equipment as I’m sure most of you have. Let’s cut to the chase because I use to be negative like some of the S… Starters here. At the end of the day, it’s big company VS little company. If you have had the opportunity to try different McIntosh amplifiers like myself you will notice that they all sound different. Some are more drastic than others. If you have ever had the experience to listen to the McIntosh MC2301 Tube Monoblock Amplifiers with your choice of components, you will sing a different tune about them. They are incredible and most audiophiles can’t argue that they are not. It is one of the best piece of equipment that they have ever made. I didn’t like any of their preamps meshing with the Monoblock amplifiers so I am using a Cary Audio SLP05 Preamp with the Ultimate Upgrade, Cardis wiring, and tube rolled. I have the sound I was looking for with my Wilson Audio Maxx 2 speakers. Best of luck to you chaps!
My new amplifier replacing the Krell solid state will be the CH Precision A1.5:-) I like to have tube and solid state. I tend to swap back and forth depending on my listing taste. It will be my first time owning that brand.  
Also, more expensive never means better. Look at what Corvette is doing to the auto industry now with their mid engine vehicle or what Dodge Viper Acer did to 10 out of 13 track records, lol. You never know, lol!
Folks really truly have issues especially when politics come to play. They don’t do their homework, they just talk. I’m sure they also took place in the negative notion of Facebook, Twitter, etch and was highly upset that the system was shut down and they couldn’t rant, lol. I’m truly happy I don’t live in their bubble because if the world was the same, it would definitely be boring. As one said, some call themselves an audiophile and some truly have no real experience with some of the McIntosh products. They take their hatred and scramble it all together and label the company. By the way, I use different and the best products as I relate to how it sounds TO ME, lol.  Here are some suggestions for all of the haters. 
1. Enjoy whatever components you own.
2. Stop trying to convince anyone to join your bandwagon 
3. stop hating the big company just because you like the little company. (I dab in both and don’t Discriminate)
4. Do your homework before you judge a product and the company as a whole. That goes for any company, not just McIntosh.
5. If you believe that all of these other companies got into the audio game not for profit, you have just displayed how much of a ignorant you have become and it’s ashamed. Don’t hate the player, hate the game as they say.6. Please find another site as I’m sure that Audiogon intended this site to be helpful to buyers especially new ones. 
There, I said what some of you are thinking and my comments doesn’t pertain to this thread alone. It pertains to others as well. 
I haven’t tried the Wavvac gear. I heard that they are pretty darn good. I just can’t part ways with my Cary Audio SLP05 Preamp with the Ultimate Upgrade, Cardis Wiring and tube rolled. It is dual chassis. Love it. Here is a review of the unit.
https://www.stereophile.com/tubepreamps/906cary/index.html

As regards to the Boulder, mine put out heat but nothing like the Krell. My biggest issue was pairing with my speakers. I will let you know how the CH Precision A1.5 stacks up to Boulder. 

gavman
66 posts

both Krell and Boulder make incredible products. But from experience, in order for Krell to sound its best, you definitely have to use other Krell products that uses the Cast Cabling. It is truly remarkable with that connection. The downside is that some of the Krell products are not as reliable.. sure they can be fixed but damn, that’s a lot of weight to lug around. Even to George Meyers or to Krell directly. Shute to suffer outer shell scratches. Love the product though. My last Krell was the 402e Evolution. Believe it or not it gets hotter than my McIntosh MC2301 tube Monoblock amplifiers. I had many high end Krell amplifiers in the past. As for Boulder, the 2150 and the 2160 didn’t mend well with my speakers. I chose my speakers before my amplifiers. They sounded a bit thin and too bright on the top end with the Maxx 2’s. They do sound better with the Alex V speakers as the tweeter is much softer then the Maxx 2. The other is that they will suck a lot of power and really heat up your listening area. If spending that much money for my taste, I would go with in the future gryphon audio or Jeff Rowland. I loved the Jeff Rowland Monoblock I had in the past. 
I just saw 2 weeks ago two Luxman 900u sell for barely over $11,000.00 each. That’s almost a 50% drop off for amplifiers especially being 19-20k new. Those amplifiers were less than a year old. I do like some of the Luxman amplifiers but I’m not interested in taking a beating from a manufacturer. At that point might as well buy used with warranty left. As far as Japanese high end equipment go, Accuphase is a great choice.
roxy544,641 

Ummmm, I didn’t buy it because it is more expensive. Not sure when you last check but McIntosh does make a $90,000.00 amplifier, smh. It’s called the McIntosh MC2kw. See what I mean folks. Homework please, homework, lol.

sokogear
634 posts
Did you not read my post about Luxman 900u amplifier, smh! It was less than a year old and sold for almost 50% less. That’s most gear these days. 10% bump-up on all used electronics doesn’t equate or hold water to whatever point you are trying to make to excuse your bashing of a brand, exclusively McIntosh. Stop hating or making yourself feel better proving to others you bought the right product and hoping it will have the same resale value as McIntosh. It won’t compare in resale. ( Sorry Luxman owners. I really do like their product and wouldn’t mine owning some of their gear. I just needed to state the obvious and point out the B.S). The fact is McIntosh has some of the highest Residue value out of 95% of the audio companies out there. Dan D'agostino is another company that does pretty well. Please enjoy what you have and let the McIntosh owners do so as well without haters, lol.