Why Purchase A CD Player or Transport ?

I am 100% invested in vinyl, but want to improve my digital equipment chain.

Once I’ve upgraded my streaming equipment, why purchase a quality CD/SACD transport?

Is there a large enough subset of music that sounds better via optical media?

vonhelmholtz

@jafant 

I have no doubt that the Accuphase CD /SACD player is going to provide you with marvelous sound quality and enjoyment for many years.

Charles

charles1dad

Thank You for the acknowledgement. The Accuphase DP-65v may be aged, but it is still a Reference CD player. I can only imagine the Aural playback of a newer model with newer technology.  Superb.

Happy Listening!

A good SACD player matched with the insanely wonderful Japanese single layer pressings ( and those 7" mini albums!!!) are just 2 very good reasons to still invest in that format.

Plus you will never get laid with a streamer... now a wonderful McCormack Universal player or an Opera  Audio Tube SACD player with the wood Danish Modernist  cabinet..... OMG

I prefer CD. Sounds holographic. Kit is MSB Transport which can stream and plays cd. DAC IS MSB .My Aurender does streaming and has 6 TB hard drive of flac quality ripped off my CDs. My USB , Ethernet, Router and Uptone ether Regen is top notch. CD is still better

Get a decent transport an or  CD player , then purchase the Border Control Dac. Its the End game . A Rotel or a Marantz good bang for the $$$