why do people feel the need to buy expensive cable

I have tried expensive cables and one's moderately priced. I would say there were some differences but I can't actually say the expensive cables were better. IMHO I believe a lot of people buy expensive cables because they don't actual trust their ears and are afraid of making a mistake. They figure the expensive cables are better for the fact they cost more. If you have a difference of opinion or share the same thoughts, I would like to hear about it.
taters
I cant see oxygen but Im pretty sure thats what Im breathing....or so i’ve been told.
Post removed 

kosst_amojan
"
you’re confusing truth and faith as being the same in some way. They’re polar opposite concepts. Truth is the trust in things seen. Faith is trust in things unseen...That’s the difference between your opinion and mine. Mine is rooted in things seen and is therefore truth..."

Yes that is exactly the sort of response I would expect from someone consumed by faith, belief or what many call religious fervor it is the absolute conviction that the facts support their faith and a overriding discomfort with being able to express faith in a pure way by simply stating plainly "this is what I believe" and must instead insist that they're belief is based on some "fact" or set of facts such as a religious tenet. There is tremendous comfort for some people in embracing faith and as I have previously stated we must in this group accept that other's here will have "faith" that we do not agree with that is fine! However what is not quite right is for you to continually pound this group with your insistence that your "faith" is the "true faith" based on your interpretation of "truth" while at the same time denying overabundant evidence that indicates your "faith" does not have all of the "answers" or any exclusivity of the "truth" it is like people who insist on the "science" of "intelligent design" while at the same time sweeping aside overwhelming research, evidence and documentation that shows it to be simply inconsistent with the record of facts. But make no mistake here I absolutely support your right to pretty much practice your faith as you see fit.
Well you can’t tell people what they do and don’t hear. It’s that simple. If you don’t believe in cables don’t buy them. If you do hear the difference buy them and enjoy the difference you hear. Some people don’t have a trained ear!
clearthink - It looks like gdhal has become sensitive today that is ok I think costco is funny even though I did not originate that nickname I researched it and found it is the name of a major "warehouse" type store in the US ....

Oh, seeing that you researched I understand much better now.  Sorta like if someone were to refer to you as "Everclear", right? Thanks for the explanation.