Why are you here? ...music or equipment

I check the New Today section atleast a few times a day. I want to see what new equipment has arrived and also what new threads have appeared. I used to do it soley for the love of the equipment. The equipment is supposed to bring the music to us. How many buy/sell equipment just for the sole love of equipment, and how many buy/sell for the sole love of hearing the music they love. I pretty much fit both categories.
s7horton
For me, the equipment is pretty much a means to an end. However, with all the debates and unknowns about equipment (e.g., trade-offs in speaker design), it's a lot of fun to research and listen to alternatives. We still know so little about what drives great sound (plus it's so subjective) that the construction of a matched system and acoustic environment almost becomes an art form. It helps to know a lot about electronics and acoustics, but that is not a necessary condition to building a system. So, the art of the music is supreme but the art of a choosing a good system is also a lot of fun.
I love to chase the equipment and tweaks, but at the end of the day when the lights are off and the wine is flowing it's all about the music. So therefor I can honestly say that it is both.
Im in the same boat as the other two posters. But sometimes I wonder.

Chuck