Who will soon be going to a live concert?

A friend and I bought tickets to see Emmylou Harris on Oct. 5th in Santa Rosa CA. Proof of vaccination is required. I wouldn't go otherwise.
128x128bander

Showing 2 responses by gg107

Pre-pandemic, my spouse and I lived in Manhattan, and went frequently to hear live music.  Eerily, the last concert we attended was in March 2020 at the NY Phil, where we heard soprano Rene Fleming sing a composition by Bjork . . . entitled "Virus."

My wife left at intermission. I stayed for an uninspired Bruckner 4th.  I remember walking back to our apartment, on Broadway, one of the world's greatest thoroughfares, on a Saturday night at 10 p.m. For thirty blocks, Broadway was nearly deserted.  A harbinger . . . .

I knew then the world had changed.

Mglik, you're absolutely right.  I too would love to go to concerts again, to museums, to the theater, etc.  But thanks to the refusal of a substantial portion of the populace to obtain, without charge, vaccines that are safe and largely effective, and to wear masks in public places, these highlights of life, as you aptly put it, are denied many of us, especially older people and those with preexisting health issues.

I love live music, but I won't risk my life, or the lives of other human beings, to hear it.  And the risk, even to the vaccinated, is not trivial -- it's real.