Who says cables don't make a difference?

Funny, after all these years, people still say things like "you wasted all that money on cables". 
There are still those who believe cables don't make a difference.
I once did marketing for a cable line I consider to be about the best-Stealth Audio Cables. 
One CES, I walked the rooms with the designer/owner, Serguei Timachev. He carried a pair of his then new Indra interconnects. Going from room to room he asked the room runners to replace their source to preamp IC with the Indra. There was not one that was not completely flabbergasted and said that the Indras blew away what they were using. That was the skyrocketing of Indra and Stealth. The Indra became one of the best reviewed cables ever.
Serguei now makes the Sakra-an IC that blows away the Indra!
I don't understand why some still do not value cables as much as I.
mglik
So it took you 28 minutes to come up with that mr. Pebbles. You're slipping.
Exupgh2,

I see a lot of you “pro-boutique cable” guys seem to be content that cables sound “different”. But I see very few posts that say that their boutique cables sound better than what they were using before, just different. My question is this: do you cable swappers assume that the higher the price the better the cable will sound? Or do you rely on blind chance and hope that your new cable sounds better than your old one? How many audiophiles just look on expensive cables as merely bling? I ask because I really don’t know. While I have tried a number of expensive interconnects and speaker cables that have been loaned to me, and have, of course noted that many of them impart a slightly different “flavor” to the sound, I’ve never heard one that I found actually sounded better than what was there before. I also noted that the differences disappeared (in my consciousness) after a couple of days.
Right now, I have an AudioQuest USB cable between the MacBook Pro that I use as a music server in my main system, and my recent build “Mark Ii” Yggdrasil DAC. The USB cable is borrowed and is black and has a 72 volt battery hanging off of it which is connected to the cable only on one end of the battery (IOW, not a complete circuit). Initially, I noticed that it sounded a bit different from the “printer cable” quality USB cable that I had been using -not necessarily better, you understand, just different in ways that I found difficult to quantify, or indeed identify. It’s been in my system for several months now, and I no longer notice the differences. I suppose that I will notice the change again when I go back to my “printer cable”. Actually I prefer SPDIF for digital between server and DAC over USB. I suspect that SPDIF has a lower error rate than USB, but I don’t know that for certain.
LOL, I use the USB cable that came with my integrated amp. I don't think digital out sounds any better than USB anymore. It's simply my subjective opinion. I always used and thought coax sounded the best until my most recent foray into using USB. I think it's improved a lot the last few years for audio. 
I love the smell of cable threads in the morning.

Now cable breaking-in threads ... that's the smell of napalm.  

But I do notice some improvement.  Before it was like "cables don't make any difference ... blah blah blah".  Now at least the difference is acknowledged to the tune of "difference but not worth the asking price".

I have a dream that one day cable-break-in will be accepted like one their own.