Who LOVES their under $ 1000 table combination ?

Okay.....here's the deal. I'm cuerrently driving my Rogue Audio Cronus integrated amp and Vandersteen 1C speakers with an NAD 533 turntable/Rega RB-250 arm/Goldring Elektra cartridge set-up. I was originally toying with the idea of switching to a thick acrylic platter, upgrading the sub-platter, adding shims to change VTA, and replacing the cartridge. .....Then I thought...that's all crazy. I should just buy a whole new set-up. So...what are some recommendations for table/cartridge combo. that will keep me at around $1000.00, sound considerably better than what I have now, and match well with my amp and apeakers ?
adam18

Showing 2 responses by trebleclef

Since they were first introduced. It's arm that was supplied with it (a Sonograph LMT) can handle almost any cartridge. And, unlike most turnatbles, ALL adjustments can be made from the top of the plinth. You almost never see them up for sale used. Right now I have a Benz in it but I have used ortophons, Sumiko Blue Points (various incarnations) and others. When the Benz wears out I'm going to try a Denon 103 that I've been reading good things about.