Who is ditching their shiny disc spinners?

I want to upgrade my digital side … (currently Bluesound Vault 2i feeding the DAC of Oppo 105) … plan to spend around $2k … since I’ve ripped all my CDs to the Vault, thinking of spending it all on a DAC, and retire/sell the Oppo while it still has some value. I do have a few older CDPs I could retain as backup, but not sure why I would ever need.

Alternatively, was considering a better combined CDP/DAC like a newer Marantz or Yamaha … upgrades DAC performance some, and a reliable spinner for quite a few more years … but I have very few SACDs, so feeling like this would be the tail wagging the dog.

In what direction have you been migrating?
inscrutable
Me, I’ve ditched my spinner. I still buy CD’s though, just to RIP them to my NAS drive, which is a RAID array, so built in backup.
The sound quality from the CD RIP via my optimised Ethernet network to my Bricasti M5 streamer to the DAC is in a different league to the same CD played directly on a £2000 CD player.
Hard drives crash and you can't back up everything. Cloud services change owners or even worse just vanish. Meanwhile, I have a radio station's worth of CDs, SACDs, some vinyl and an OPPO and Onyko for the digital and a Music Hall turntable for the vinyl.

Some might call holding onto physical media being foolish but I prefer the peace of mind it gives. In fact, if I could go back and not dump my original vinyl collection and turntable, I would.

But best of all, if my wife outlives me, it'll give her something to sell.
Why would you want to create a computer file when you already own the CD? I cannot see any advantages other than a saving in rack space. 99% of all the music I listen to is on CD or SACD, and I cannot see the point of converting them to computer files or ditching my CD player. Although I do own a Bluesound Node 2i and I have a few FLAC files stored on its USB drive, this is limited to music that is not available on CD. So far I have only used 12GB from a 128GB USB drive and although it sounds reasonably good it is nowhere near as good as music played on the CD player.
@orgillian197 Of course you can backup everything. If you keep multiple copies it is a very, very low risk that you will lose it.

I like to have one or two hard drives and a cloud based backup. If the cloud goes out of business I still have my hard drives and can upload everything to another provider. Or if my house burns down I still have the cloud backup (but maybe no stereo to play anything on anymore).
Right now I’m streaming Bandcamp off my iPhone 📱 into a Zen iFi Bluetooth receiver into an Odyssey Etesian pre > Odyssey Khartago > QUAD 21 L. It sounds great. My Marantz HD-CD1 is a fantastic CDP for the thousand or so CDs I have. My 5500 LP library gets played the most. I ❤️ media. Peace