Who has Luv for the Lyngdorf 2170 and is thinking about the 3400.

Hello All,
I’m coming up on 40 yrs in this hobby,and or obsession of ours,and I started with a pair of Khorns and Macintosh at the age of 12 and Offcourse owned a ton of different gear over the yrs.
I bought a 2170 a little more than 6 months ago and I enjoyed it so much that I quickly realized I don’t really need anything else,solid state,tubes,or even dac’s anymore.I could step off that silly merry go round of amplification and just enjoy music.I was able to utilize the extra money and time and put together a really great sounding network audio system that rivaled the best in analog that I have ever had,I was mainly a analog guy all of these yrs but finally gave it up,I even sold my longtime record collection of 3k records which included many Hot Stampers that I purchased and also several that I found on my own.

So who Luv’s the 2170 and is maybe also thinking about the new 3400.

Happy Listening,
Kenny.

kdude66

Showing 7 responses by skalyoncu

@uberwaltz I am running 2170 with two subs. 
My set-up is basically: B&W 805 D2 and B&W ASW610XP on left and right side of the speakers.

I simply connected them to left and right analog output on the amplifier and then ran room perfect.  Works like a charm :)

That being said, I am happy to hear if others have experience trying other ways to set it up.

@dancastagna, yes.  Copy pasting from Lyngdorf's manual:
  1. Phase adjustment should be 0°. 
  2. The subwoofer cut-off frequency should be set to the highest possible frequency range. 
  3. Level should be set to 50% of maximum volume 

How did rep / shop recommend you do it?

Apologies in advance if it’s discussed before.

I currently stream to Bluesound node 2 which is connected to Lyngdorf TDAI-2170 (i have 2+2 system with B&W 805D2 and 2 x ASW610XP)

I am looking into potential upgrades.

Option 1) To get a better streamer  i.e. auralic aries g1 and use roon with it

Option 2) Upgrade TDAI-2170 to TDAI-3400 (which is roon ready) and use roon with it

Anyone with any experience/thoughts on these options?

Which one would offer a bigger quality jump.

I’m leaning towards option 2 but want to hear what others think :)

Thanks a lot for quick responses, i do appreciate it.
I assume you are feeding in to Lyngdorf via USB module, is that correct?
Thank you all.  I actually placed orders for a NUC and iFI micro usb.
My only concern is running roon core on NUC and play from it at the same time.
But i will see how that goes :)
Hi again,
So, I've ordered a NUC7I7BNH with 16GB RAM and 250GB SSD.
My plan is to connect: NUC -> ifi micro iUsb3.0 -> Lyngdord USB module.

Do u think this will provide good quality or I should add something between NUC and iUsb3.0

You mentioned SOTM Usb card but i guess thats not an option with NUC. 

Any thoughts?