Which Tekton???

I am running an Outlaw 2160, Fluance RT85, and Schiit Modi 3 currently into Elac debut 1.0 speakers. I have gotten a bonus and have around 2K to spend and really like what I have heard review wise from Tekton. I have looked at other brands (vander, klipsch, JBL, Elac, Zu, ETC) and for the money seems like Tekton is the way to go. Being in OKC I have no places to audition speakers so I am choosing by youtube reviews, reading here, reading online about room acoustics and general research. With my budget I trying to decide between the Perfect set 10 and Electron which is a smaller version of the double impact. Also I am mainly rock no jazz or classical. Thanks in advance for guidance.
dlongj75

Showing 2 responses by p05129

Why would anyone except for MC make a decision on what to buy talking to the owner or salesman of a company? Do you think they are going to tell you the better product is from someone else?
Also, look at the latest stereophile mag’s recommended component section, a $2000 pair
 of tekton’s was listed with excessive bass and overrated efficiency, not a good review IMO. It was also listed in the same group as some $600 speakers that more favorable reviews.
Tyray- do you think Eric is going to say “my whatever sounds like sh$t”? No. Tekton has many models and I’m sure Eric will say 1 of many would fit your needs, same as any other manufacturer. Any salesman will try to talk you into their product and would never send you down the road to buy someone else’s