Which Referance 3A Dulcets Be / MM Decapo Be or Episode Be

Hi

looking for a new pair of speakers liking Referance 3A and there design on paper, no cross over in the mid range, 91 DB more options a far as amps never owned tube currenty own Sander amp, my room is 13.800L X 12.800W X 8.00H (feet) so I would class small to med? Back of the room is angled so it not retangle as such and bulk head around ceiling edge.I have read reviews I have looked up on you tube, suprise me how many people have the MM Decapo BE close the re wall in there set up and the look big, I could come out about 3 feet to the face the speaker, I have a option of getting a pair Episode BE would they be to big in room? What other option do I have with in the Referance A or aother brands that would suit my cureent room lay out?

Thanks Kel

kelvinr2004

ok next question what the best sort of amp to drive them with? Would first watt be a good match? or tubes? What brands should I be looking out for, as I have never own tubes.

Thanks kel

Tash recommends tubes. You should also get in touch with Audiogon member Rebbi. He's N expert on the 3A de Capos and has tons of amp experience with them. 
Hi Kelvin,

I have had the the Decapo Be's  for about two years. They are just great wonderful fun speakers! They are great with all kinds of music BUT they do prefer a medium size room to get the best out of them. I have used tubes 300b push pull (audio-note and solid state Pass 30.5 and 30.8) The audio-note's were just great and I was in heaven until......one of my great "upgraded" 300 b tubes blew up". So I sold the amps to a guy who btw is still in love with them and then I went the solid state 30.8 pass route and I am back in heaven. In retrospect I guess if I had more patience I would have stuck with the audio note's (sometimes late at night they were quite magical)  and just purchased some more reliable 300 tubes. In a not totally unrelated topic I found that experimenting with differnt speaker cables  also made tremendous difference in soundstage dimensionality, presence and instrumental texture with the 3a's. I worked with the guys at MG Audio Design on speaker cables and you know what maybe cables make more of a difference than say an amplification change? Anyway have fun with the speakers, get a good used tube amp with some great speaker cables and just relax into the music.
Best wishes Charlie

Thanks Charlie

Good to know that Pass Labs suits I was thinking of a first watt amp, tubes would do my head in, I have narrowed it down to the Cappo and a pair of Usher total opposite I know.