Which is best sub for N802 in fairly large room?

I have been living with a pair of 12 inch tube subs (using Paradigm X30 + 200w/ch bass amp) along with B&W 802 FS. Recently upgraded to N802, of course bass is greater but still not quite enough for the large room. I have problem integrating the old subs w/ new speakers, they just tend to muddy up the clean sounds of N802. Which sub or subs out there would be clean enough to use. Thanks to all replies, TN
Sony SACD 9000ES
Nakamichi PA7
B&W 802 Nautilus
Subs ???
tuong9906

Showing 3 responses by rhum_runner

Bwyoung -
If he is using an electronic cross-over, I don't see how he can get more bass by changing to bi-wire of his 802s, since all (or at least 90%) the bass is going to the subs anyway...
You might want to try a lower crossover point, and a better crossover like the Marchand. Take a look at my system, I am using the Marchand and two 12" subs and love it.
Tuong -
HAve you tried stuffing the port on the B&Ws? Stick some socks in the port, this may help you. You may be having issues with your x-over points as well. Can you try running the B&Ws full range and still crossing in the subs at 40hz? That might help as well.