Which component upgrade will produce more BASS?

My current setup just isn't giving me the lower/mid bass I like. I'm not sure if cabling will help or maybe a more expensive cartridge. Suggestions PLEASE...
MY SYSTEM:
Origin Live "Aurora" TT
Origin Live modded OL-1 arm
Shelter 501 MK2 cartridge
Pass Labs X150.5 AMP
Pass Labs XONO phonostage
Pass Labs Aleph P preamp
Audes Blues Speakers(8in sidemount woofer)
Acoustic Zen IC's and PC's
Room size...10X20 with room treatments
ziggy333a

Showing 2 responses by ziggy333a

I just wanted to thank everyone for their input. To start I'll first work on placement of the Blues. If that doesn't help a subwoofer would definitely be considered. Onhwy61 wanted to know the placement of my equipment. On the 10ft.wall centered is all the components on their own target wall mounted shelves. Under each component are 2in. maple platforms. The Pass amp sits on a 2in maple platform with brass footers sitting right on the carpeted floor. My Blues are positioned 32in. from the short 10ft wall(same wall as my components) to the rear of the speakers. The side mounted woofers are facing outward about 16in. from the long 20ft side walls. I hope I explained that well. Shadorne actually nailed it on the head what sound I'm looking for. Its not the boomy bass but the fast,punchy bass. An example is Paul McCartney's bass guitar work on alot of later recorded beatles albums. Or the drummers bass drum kicker. Again thanks Ziggy
In the past couple days I've been playing around with speakers location in my room. I have to leave them on the short wall,
but with moving the woofers a little closer to the long wall(about 3or 4 inches) and turning them inward seemed to help a little.
But the big improvement came when I installed an Acoustic Zen Tsunami PC that I had ordered, and put on my Pass Xono preamp. I noticed a huge improvement when I put on the Beatles Sgt Pepper. Paul' Bass riffs were much more present than before. I also plan on upgrading the umbilical cord on the XONO.