Which Class D Amplifier? PS Audio, Ghent, Nord, Merrill or other???

I’m looking for a new amp & want Class D.

I’ve seen various brands mentioned, such as PS Audio, Ghent, Nord, Merrel to name a few, but I’ve not heard any of them.

Which company is producing the best sounding Class D?
Which models should I be looking to demo?

Thanks

singintheblues
Thank you Tim.  I pulled the trigger on the Apollon as4800 this weekend.  So now just need to wait.
Hello pcc67,

No problem.  Let us know your impressions after you listen to it for awhile.

Enjoy,
Tim
This morning it occurred to me to experiment with where my amp is plugged in. I know Ive read about this long ago and probably plugged my amp/s direct, but...

Until this morning I had my Audio Alchemy DPA-1 (and several class Ds before it)  plugged into my Core Technologies 1800 PLC which was then plugged into my 20 amp dedicated line with a 4 gang box with cryoed upscale duplexes

So I shut the amp off and plugged it direct into the dedicated box, using a cheater (no ground). Wow. I had been listening to Count Basie DVD A last night which sounded thin (no fuzz on the peach), but now it sounds natural, properly/naturally fleshed out. I then put Livingston Talyor back on and the whole top of the music opened up where it had been pinched and congested prior to

I feel so dumb, but my inner voice finally got through to me

hth
A new class D amp to investigate is EVS1200 from Ric Schultz. I plugged mine in last night. I started a thread about it today
I’m thinking of the PS Audio m700s or s300 before they go direct sales ( eliminating dealer discounts)