Which cable to change first-intercon. or speaker?

My system consists of an Audio Aero Capitole MkII CDP directly feeding (balanced) an Audio Research VT100 MkII, that drives my Von Schweikert Audio, VR4 GenIII SE's.

I want to upgrade the cables in my system, but I don't know which cable to upgrade first, the speaker cable or the interconnect.

So, which cable should I replace first, the interconnect or the speaker cable (and why), or should I plan upgrading both together?
louisl

Showing 3 responses by mt10425

John, you mentioned how resolving your system is. I imagine that finding the right synergy is even more complex. Less resolving systems may be more forgiving of shortcomings in cabling. You're right, it's very much trial and error, and of course, economics.
David
You're asking a question that often polarizes the membership. There's Jafox and the "iPOD/Wilson" school of thought and the school of thought I belong to: "garbage in/garbage out". So. more specific information will elicit more helpful responses.
It wasn't meant as a derogatory comment Jafox. Simply that members perceive the importance of system connections differently. I'm always embarrassed when I unintentionally step on important toes.