Where to use 3M Adhesive Back EMI Absorber AB5100S?

So, I bought a couple of 8 x 10 sheets of this and am sort of intimidated where I can safely and effectively apply them.

My system goes like this: Equi=Core 1800 Power Conditioner > AudioLab 6000 CD Transport/Mofi Utradeck > PS Audio Stellar Phono Preamp > PS Audio Stellar Gain Cell

Seems like transformers and cabinet linings is where most people apply these.

Knowledgeable recommendations appreciated.

output555

Why not just try it and see? Place a sheet on top of a component. Place a sheet inside. I would think a phono stage would be good but why not try the rest? Then if you want to try transformers, cut a piece to fit around one. Leave the backing on, hold in place with Scotch tape or rubber bands, only remove the backing and use the adhesive once you are sure you like it. Even then might want to test a bit to see how removable it is.

Same process I have used with other stuff. Test small, build up to large.

I’ve considered that. But, before I start cutting up the sheets, I’m looking for guidance as to where I’ll get the most benefit. I also don’t want to muck up a components innards by shorting something, or worse. 

I've tried similar, great around transformers. But like I said, try a full sheet just laying on top. Then try laying inside. No need to cut anything, and impossible to short being as the backing is non-conductive.