When I have seen people listing their systems lately

I have noticed a lot of people using conventional CD players and SACD players. I remember being at an Audiophile club meeting a couple of years ago and the owner of the store claiming conventional CD players were dead and obsolete.

Are conventional players gaining in popularity nowadays or are they just stalling till digital becomes more standardized.

taters

Showing 1 response by mahler123

I'm so tired of reading "SACD is dead".  I've got over 100 of them and Arkivmusik lists over 2500 titles for sale and dozens of new ones every week.  Perhaps it's just we Classical Music lovers and the Japanese market but that appears to be enough of a critical mass to keep the format going.
   I much prefer SACD to downloads.  Pop the disc in, out comes high res music.  No fiddling with computer nonsense.  I do enough of that at work and when I want to chill at home I have great sound without having to worry about my internet connection, without having to do the daily computer update or have Apple try to sell me anything.
   I think download sales are peaking.  People are either streaming or sticking with Physical Media.