Whats a good all around digital cable for under $250. I only need half a meter.

Whats a good all around digital cable for under $250. I only need half a meter. I'm looking for a cable that can play those high notes and cymbals and it won't sound like noise.
128x128zeal

Showing 3 responses by mapman

Zeal I’m just wondering if you are currently using a cable? If so which one.

If not, and this is your first, why not start with a good quality wire that might cost much less, see how that sounds first, then try something more pricey after if needed. Or buy both at the same time for not much more total, compare, and return the lesser wire. There is a chance that way you might save some $$$s rather than diving right into the deep end with a pricier wire not even knowing how a good quality less expensive one might sound.

In any case I agree do not fool around with anything less than a meter or so in length.  Shorter wires are rumored to be more susceptible to reflections causing jitter than longer ones.    I've found doing that alone with most any good quality digital wire works out pretty well.

Zeal if the sound is not what it should be how do you know the issue is the wire and not elsewhere?

Imask becausevaudioquest makes good quality products and I have not heard big differences with various digital wires compared to dacs and other components in the chain.