What to do with broken McIntosh Pre-Amp

I inherited Klipsch Cornerhorns, a McIntosh MC2125 Amp, and a broken McIntosh MX 114 Pre-Amp.  Please forgive me for saying this, but I don't want to spend $800 or so for a pre-amp.  Is there a reasonably priced alternative out there?  
hoopie
I use an Acurus R11 from EBay. R10 would work too. $300 and it is a highly regarded entry level,  quality piece that works well witn Mac and can be upgraded too. Good military spec components. You would be able to sell it later too. I use mine with a McIntosh  MC250.   Sounds great.
IME, a fully serviced MX114 is just an okay preamp, nothing special other than having a period correct pre to match the 2125 amp. 
The MX-114 is a nice preamp/tuner.  It has the period traditional Mac sound and can be very pleasing to listen too.

I have a marantz 7c, a 7T, and 24 which is a preamp/tuner and a very  early 1030 integrated with preamp outs (I only use it as a preamp).  The 7c is about 4500 used, the 1030 is about 450 used.  The sound from both is nearly indistinguishable, sooo why not look for something like an old 1030 for basic preamp duties? It’s cheap and sounds way better than it has a right too?

It would mate well with your Mac amp.  Truthfully though, I doubt it would cost more than a few hundred to have your MX-114 repaired.  It’s certainly worth it.