What to do when you receive damage goods

What if any recourse does a buyer have if a seller refuses to file a claim or make good on his promise to reimburse ? This has now been going on for months. I purchased a D/A
converter which arrived damaged. The seller (bagels5-Michael
from Lets Make Music) has stated that it will take too much of his time to file the claim with FedEx. Then he promised
to refund the price of the repairs. This hasn't happened and
now he ignores my emails. What a person to do ?
bobspeak

Showing 3 responses by angela100

Bagels5 is a member. And it appears that he is a dealer.

He has *Runco DTV991/VFC4400 CRT/Procesor* for sale at this time. Maybe that's who gave me the -2/-2 on my post above?

Bob, you need to email Audiogon. If what you say is the whole story, then they don’t need this type of dealer on their site.
Chris, I was kidding. I can't speak for anyone else. Humor is a difficult thing here...
If you have his commitment in writing, then you have a claim. (Right, Kelly?)

If you purchased it through Audiogon, write them ([email protected]) an email and see if they can help. They are not obligated, but they can be fairly convincing to folks.
If you paid by credit card or by some electronic payment service (like PayPal), they do have some recourse, but it's not fast (see the PayPal threads).
You could go to small claims, but it just depends on how much time that you want to spend.
Persistence usually pays off; it just depends on how much aggravation and stress you want in your life.
Or, maybe we could start sending emails, too?