what speakers would you choose for a hometheater?

This a B&W only selection... so please no other manufactures... love them or not... this is the question.

say you are building a home theater... no two channel... already have it.

you need five speakers. fronts center and surround.

saying cost is a factor...otherwise i am sure i will get the... 800's all around or 802's all around.

not so much as i have a budget...but there has to be a cost vs. benefit here. going 800 or 802 all around can't be great cost vs. benefit as the rears get limited sound to them and they cost a bunch.

i will have a sub for the system, maybe two... but that is not in this question. as other electronics are not in question here... lets just assume i have a separates for the amp and all.

so, what would you get?
baranowski

Showing 2 responses by sthomas12321

For best HT I can't believe you are stuck on B&W. You don't care about dynamic range, reference levels, and full range? Is this a bedroom system then? Be prepared to spend a fortune compared to what other manufacturers could give you for much, much less.

And IMO if you want the "best" HT from B&W speakers, you better buy 5 or 7 all matching speakers.

I could buy 6 qty Klipsch KLF 30's, upgrade the tweeter diaphrams with ti's, convert one of them to a center by cutting a new front baffle, and smoke nearly B&W setup. For HT you can't beat dynamics, full range, etc. I could get 6 qty KLF 30's for under $2500. Just giving a example of why B&W is a bad HT move. Your gonna have to spend Mega money for B&W's best full range models, and have to match all speakers!
Baranowski
Totally missed that post! Nice purchase. Matching them all was a smart decision, I bet it is first rate HT experience. B&W can get you there, just a bit more expensive. Bet you are loving them!