What Sonically is the Difference between a $1,500 CD Player and a $10K-$25K One?

I realize opinions may vary, but if I could give an example of two CD players perhaps someone can give me their thoughts on the cost benefits of either one? What would be the difference in your opinion between say a Cambridge Audio Azur 851C CD Player and the Gryphon Scorpio S CD Player? And are the difference truly audible or more technical and rather indiscernible through human hearing?

In general, what makes a CD player (other than build components) 10x more costly than a decently built one other than features?
mrc4u
Im glad that you asked this question I just purchased a mcintosh mct 450 and was so excited to hear such an improvement in sound with this sacd transport.My system is nothing too fancy but I believe it to be very decent .after hours of listening I was satisfied but not blown away.If I could afford something more I believe I would have spent up to 15k just chasing down that perfect sound .Each person is different, Ive become satisfied with my purchases as I feel its the best possible audio for my small budget .Thanks to all who post .
huge improvement in my system too, though, yes, there are some expensive units I do not like and some less expensive ones I like very much...though unfortunately all the ones I like best are more expensive...
Post removed 
Hi,

Just another point of reference:

I replaced an Audio Space CD player that I was using as a transport only, with a PS Audio Perfect Wave Transport. Same DAC.

The CD player was about $900 new eight years ago and I bought the PWT used here on Audiogon for $1300. It was $4,000 new in what, 2015?

Incredible improvement in sound quality. Much more detail in a good way that improved the live presence.

FWIW,

Dsper