What small HT speakers to buy?

Currently own PSB Image outfit for my home theater system. But I am reconfiguring my video and will be going with plasma in a week or two, will like “matching” speakers that can be mounted on the wall to save space and be more kids friendly.

I am a 2-ch guy with $50k+ invested in my system, so most of the small “satellite” speakers with sub just do not cut it even in home theater application. I don’t expect any small speakers to rival the PSB Image, but they should at least not have a big suck out in lower midrange where most of the music and dialogs are happening. I don’t want to spend over $1000 (with sub) since I rather spend the money on my 2-ch system, but I do want them to be able to play loud to fill a 13x19 room.

Suggestions are appreciated, as I really don’t know much about HT speakers in the mass market.

Thanks,

David
semi

Showing 1 response by lej1447

To have these plasma-TV-matching speakers hang on the wall, these are your options.
1. Definitive Technology has Mythos series to go with your plasma.
2. Acoustic Research has Phantom series to go with your plasma too, but they are hard to find b/c they are are discontinued. Impressive spec. for a flat speaker and price range in my opinion.
3. ArtcousticUSA.com has out-of-this-world speakers due to looks and price.
4. Gekko speakers with art is an alternative in lieu of ArtcousticUSA.com.
Good luck!