What's in your CDP tonight? the minority report

I enjoy vinyl and digital (lately, with recent changes, vinyl actually sounds better than digital to me), BUT given what seems an overall preference for analog/vinyl on A'gon, I'm curious what the non-vinyl "1/2" is listening to. I tried to see if this was a previously posted question. Did not seem so.

This evening for me, it's Genesis (definitive edition remaster) "A Trick of the Tail".

128x128ghosthouse

@jafant, I’ve had the original Sweet Old World since it’s release in 92, and the new version is in my pile of new acquisitions, waiting in line to be heard. Too much music, too little time (left). I have to laugh when I hear old guys I know say "good" music isn't popular anymore. All they do is listen to the same records they’ve been playing since the 60's and 70's, pining for the good old days. No different than the adults did in the 60's, when the Big Bands became extinct.

When the music got pretty bad in the 70's (with some notable exceptions), the best musicians I knew began a journey of tracing the music we grew up on back to it's roots---the rural Southern Hillbilly and urban Jump Blues that Rock & Roll was forged from. I ended up liking much of it more than the 'holy" 60's music.

But really, nothing has changed. It has always been, and always will be: somebody writes a good song, a good singer with a good band records it, and we get to listen to it. We are SO lucky!

Guys, did you see the newly announce LSD Tour? Lucinda Williams, Steve Earle and the Dukes and Dwight Yoakam. They have a stop here in Cincinnati on 6/20. Can't wait!
Looks like the tour isn't coming to the Northwest, damn it. I haven't seen Lucinda, Steve, or Dwight live in ages, Lucinda last at The Wiltern Theater on the Car Wheels tour (Jim Lauderdale opened for her, and then played acoustic guitar and sang harmonies during her set), Steve solo about ten years ago at Amoeba Records on Sunset in Hollywood, and Dwight I can't remember where or when. One of the best shows of my life was Steve with The Del McCoury Band at The House Of Blues, all of them standing in a circle around a single mic. Fantastic!
Jazz Pistols - Superstring

Joe Satriani - Crystal Planet

Track 2, "House Full of Bullets" (some sad relevancy to the national situation)....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2q9ML4iknE