What's in your CDP tonight? the minority report

I enjoy vinyl and digital (lately, with recent changes, vinyl actually sounds better than digital to me), BUT given what seems an overall preference for analog/vinyl on A'gon, I'm curious what the non-vinyl "1/2" is listening to. I tried to see if this was a previously posted question. Did not seem so.

This evening for me, it's Genesis (definitive edition remaster) "A Trick of the Tail".

128x128ghosthouse
@ghosthouse - BTW, Son Volt's - "straightaways" is a most excellent album. Well, if you like Americana, that is......
agreed on straightaways, even moreso on their debut, "trace"--for some reason "ten second news" always makes me cry. i've always thought farrar was some sort of a genius, though his range is fairly narrow and his records do get somewhat monochromatic. i did read that wilco (who had just released their ok-but-unspectacular debut) was so blown away by hearing "trace" for the first time that they became obsessed with upping their game in order to match it.
@reubent

Thanks for the recommendation. I do tend to notice your input here and over on Nutty’s thread. I will check out Straightaways. I like (some) Americana though I probably have a limited range of appreciation...The Band and Levon Helm mostly. Not entirely sure they’re Americana (as opposed to Goth-Country!) but if you don’t know him/them, you might want to check out the Dave Rawlings Machine (a totally misleading name) and also his partner and significant other Gillian Welch. Again, not sure if these are Americana but you be the judge.

For Loomis’ benefit, Son Volt’s cover of Ron Wood’s Mystify was more appealing to me than the original. More carefully rendered which I get wasn’t necessarily RW’s intent.
Dang, this is where the cool kids hang out. I’ve always liked Son Volt more than Wilco, both in songwriting and singing. But they’re both worth listening to of course. If you haven’t heard them yet guys, give The Continental Drifters a listen. It’s Peter Holsapple from the great dB’s, Carlo Nuccio, an incredible drummer and singer, Mark Walton from Green On Red (a jerk---I knew him in L.A. But hey, he's only the bass player ;-), Vicki Petersen from The Bangles, Susan Cowsill, and some guitarists. They had a residency in the basement of an old hotel on Hollywood Blvd. in the early 90’s, putting on legendarily great shows. Get the "Drifted: In the Beginning and Beyond" double album.