what is the best sub for $1500.00 or less

has anyone had a hgs 12x subwoofer by velodyne? is there a better sub for the money? are two subs better than one for two channel audio in your opinion?
hemidakota
I love RELs, but times are a'changin. Velodyne DD-10's digital room correction is worth the entire budget and you can find one for close to that. The Axiom EP-500 is a steal at $1,150, same for the ACI Titan at $1,050 or two (!) ACI Forces for $1,500.
Hemi,
I would recommend you get floorstanders that require no sub. But, if you must go with a sub, then research dictates that you get two subs. Otherwise, no matter what sub you get, you will always be able to hear that the bass is coming from where your sub is placed. THis may not be a bad thing for you, although it was not the sound I wanted. Since I did not have space for two subs, I finally was able to get floorstanders. I tried the following subs: B & W ASW 675 and B & W ASW 750 and the top two Martin Logan subs Depth , and Descent. The 750 and the Descent were both very good subs IMO.
Jhwalker you wrote:

no matter what sub you get, you will always be able to hear that the bass is coming from where your sub is placed.

You mean to say that bass in the region of 50 Hz and under is directional? Surely, you must know being a member here that it is not so!
I recommend Blimpie's BLIMPIE Best sub. Very liquid mayo highs with meaty extensions to drive it. Oh, it is also extremely cheap compared to most subs being sold on this website. Talk about inflation, sheesh! Oh, get the combo, even more liquid highs due to the excessive caffeine. J/K. :)