What do I do with a FedEx claim denial?

Well, I have just had my first bad experience with FedEx. I recently sent an item back to the manufacturer for service and the remote was damaged during shipment. I asked for a letter from the manufacturer confirming the damage and the $200 replacement cost. The package was insured for $1000. I sent the letter in with the claim form to FedEx. As expected, FedEx denied the claim. The remote came loose from its compartment in the foam packing material during shipment and cracked. There was no visable damage to the box. What recourse do I have other than to get a lawyer? Hardly seems worth the effort for $200. I definately plan to cancel my FedEx account but then I will have to use UPS which is probably worse. Isn't this kind of thing the reason you buy insurance?
mchd1

Showing 1 response by phil123

I agree with Herman. How is it FedEx's fault the remote came loose from the packaging. If you feel soemthing is wrong with the packaging go after theta. If you packaged it wrong accept responsability and stop trying to get someone else to pay for your mistake. I believe claims like these make it more difficult for the rest of us to collect when we have a claim that should be honored. I believe the freight companies should pay promptly when someting is damaged because of their actions. I also believe if someone doesn't want to take the time or trouble to package someting correctly they should bear the responsability for the outcome.