What are the Best FM tuners?

This is an often asked question. This is my current list of favorites:
A. Good out of the box, judging sound quality only, not in order of preference because each has merits:

1. Very rare Accuphase T-103
2. 1 out of 10 Tandberg TPT 3001As
3. Onkyo T-909
4. Bogen TP-100
5. Akai AT-S7
6. JVC FX-1100B
7. NEC T-710
8. Onix Audio BWD-1
9. Kenwood KT-990D
10.Crown FM-2
11.Marantz ST-17
12.Sim Audio "Moon"

B. Modified tuners, both RF and audio performance, in order of preference:

1. Kenwood KT-727
2. Kenwood KT-3200D
3. NEC T-6E
4. SAE 8000
5. Accuphase T-101
6. Sony ST-S550ES
7. Onkyo T-4500
8. Tandberg TPT-3011A
9. McIntosh MR-74
10.Luxman T-110
11.Onkyo T-909
12.MD-102, early version

Sure, there are others -- and you may have your own opinions -- but these have proven to be excellent choices over the past 20 years.
bdscott
I, must say you should give the nakamichi st 7 a listen , with the sholtz circuitry, it is really quiet and really pulls in weak stations, of course you must have a good antenna, and most of us don't hook up to outside antennas, I use a non powered inside antenna , which is really good .I think it was called the sound trap ,
I've had a lot of good tuners over the years and very soon I'll be getting a Sumo Charlie. I'm an analog tuner/tube and vinyl person but looking forward to hearing this tuna.
It looks like  everybody try to push what brand model they have without any comparison.I had owned over 25 tuner SS & tubed and I always come back to tube which they have 3D,transparent and very musical.Bogen,HH Scott & Pilot and one of my favs.
This question may have been relevant to hifi in the 1980's but is it in 2017? I had a decent Yamaha tuner with a pretty good antennae in the attic but never used it so I sold the tuner and have not missed it. With all the source options that are available today with better quality and music choices, is this a hifi option?
As a general comment I would say to be a great tuner it
should allow for fine tuning to the frequency.