What amps for B&W 804 and HTM2?

To All Audio Experts,

CURRENT SPECS: I own B&W 804 front speakers and a HTM2 center speaker. I had them powered by Denon AVC-A11SR which is now completely broken beyond repair. I was not all too satisfied with the power provided by the integrated amp to my 804 speakers. I also have a run-of-the-mill progressive DVD player which also doubled for a CD player.

CURRENT USE: I mostly use my system for movies/music in the following allocation: 50%/50%.

NEED: I have between US$5,000 to US$7500 to spend on either (i) an integrated amp that is powerful enough to truly enjoy my 804 speakers or (ii) pre/power amp combination. The total cost should also take into consideration of the relevant cables needed (I think I should upgrade the cables as well).

I might spend another US$1000 on a very good DVD/CD combo player to upgrade such component from the existing equipment.

What is the best match for my current speakers (I want to be able to continue to use my HTM2 speakers in a 3 channel format)?

I don't think I will likely upgrade my speakers in the future (unless they break) nor will I spend more money to upgrade the amplifier once they are purchased (unless again they break).

Although, down the road in a few years, I may consider purchasing rear speakers/sub woofer but am not firm on this.

Lastly, I was recommended to go with Rotel RSP 1570 and RMB 1575 for pre/power amp combo but I understand this is a class D amp (which may be inferior, etc).

QUESTION: What is the best route to complement my current speakers under the proposed budget? I am NOT an audiophile but I also want to have the best components that I can be proud of and enjoy for many years to come without ever considering an upgrade.

THANK YOU MUCH IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR THOUGHTFUL/INSIGHTFUL COMMENTS.
slim1

Showing 1 response by sporty88

I have used sunfire and mcintosh to power my 802's and HTM1 with that said I am currently using Classe power for both and hands down the best amps every mated with my B&W's