What amp to use with Apogee Stage speakers

What amplifer (power amplifier or integrated) would you recommend for the Apogee Stage speaker? I've read that a very expensive high powered amplifier (in excess of 200 watts) isn't necessary to achieve great sound with this speaker, the smallest in the Apogee line at the time of its release. In fact some can sound worse than a well matched 100 watt amp. Thanks.
lornoah
I agree the Aragon 4004MkII is a great amp for these. However I accidentally discovered that a 35 year old Yamaha CA-1010 gives the Stages the timbre and texture acoustic instruments deserve! At only 90W (8Ohm), 120W (4Ohm) can drive the Stages pretty loud (if the recording is compressed enough) and to a nice level in a lively room if it's a really good recording. The stereo imaging and detail is the best I've heard out of the Stages, and I've had my pair 20 years. I would say that you must be careful not to have too much power or you will end up rebuilding your ribbons. Keep it under 150W 4ohm with a high current amp.
The only other amp I've tried was my ARC D125 (115W). Sadly, this very transparent amp I'd didn't do anything for the potential these speakers possess.
as funny as it may seem but we tried a a/b test with a crown xls 2000 versus a pair of monoblocs classe cam-400 ,and the crown just blew the doors off the classe!!
i never heard a stage sound so lively, everything was absolutly controled,everything became transparent,no bomminess just the recording being reproduced at it's best. a 500$ amp matched better then a pair of 11000$ amps!
i bought the apogee stage ,outstanding speaker with this amp.oh and before you say:yeah but the crown has a fan,well yes but we didn't know it was running until i put my hand in the back and felt the air moving, it's completly silent. 

The Stages dip to 1 Ohm at certain frequencies. Therefore they need a high-current amp that is stable to 1 Ohm.

Classe DR-3 VHC

KRELL KSA-200

Carver Lightstar 2

McIntosh MC-2300

Levinson ML-3

Boulder 500M

I recall reading that high wpc GaN amps work, but have no personal experience

The LSA Voyager GaN 350 is worth checking out