Wavelength Brick USB DAC tube rolling?

Any Wavelength Brick DAC users out there who've experimented with different tubes? I bought a used one and it came with a non-stock tube (which sounds good), I've been wondering if there are improvements to be had with other premium tubes.
Thanks!
heymikey

Showing 2 responses by jc51373

Who said something bad about the Brick? It is a wonderful piece...I have one, and I am waiting for my Cosecant-about a month. I love the Brick, haven't tube rolled, heard the same thing from Gordon about it not having a big effect. I would try anyway.

I spoke with Gordon on the Opticis, and he actually scoped it, and said the power supply it comes with is terrible, and adds noise. I quickly returned mine (unopened) upon hearing this from Gordon. He offered to build a linear power supply if I wanted to use the Opticis, but it was cost prohibitive. After weighing all the benefitsa against the ongoing effort, I personally decided it was not worth it. Got the Kimber USB, casedclosed for me. I felt it was smarter to put the $$ into upgrading to the Cosecant-can't wait.

Anyway, the Brick is one heck of a front end, I love it. Can't say enough good about it. I may tube roll after living with the Cosecant for a while.
Thats a very good reason to use it then, your are well researched. I am sure there are benefits too, so kudos to that set up.

Yeah the Cosecants don't pop up much on the used side, although there was one here on Agon, a version 1 I believe. I wanted a V2. Any of Gordon's stuff sound great I am sure.