Wadia Upgrades

Has anyone had experience with Steve Huntley's Reference Upgrade for the Wadia 850?
128x128nathanu
Ok, I can understand that reason. I just wish someone would have called or sent a reply email and said we're busy because of Wadia's current financial situation. I love my 850, the biggest thing I'm mad about is that I didn't go ahead and buy the 860 2 years ago! I'll send another note and try again. Thanks for everyone for giving their opinions.
Nathanu, briefly, here are some characteristics of Huntley's mods, of which there are several levels available: Transparency and resolving power are improved top to bottom. There is a sense of greater extension at both frequency extremes, but especially in the bass. The low end performance from Huntley's "reference" mod is the best I have heard from any source. The space between the instruments is quieter, and the soundstage is broader and deeper. Overall, the sound is more analogue in quality, in my judgement approaching, but not quite equalling, the best analogue sources. I have been in love with analogue for 25 years, own 3000 records, and never thought I would invest significantly in CD. A visit to Huntley's shop changed my mind. Regards...
Part of what Steve is leaving unsaid is that he was the service manager and part of the design team for Wadia for quite a few years. He has knowledge of the products from both the design and execution points of view. He oversaw (at Wadia) the upgrade of my 16 to a 16i, and then later did the upgrade of the 16i to his ref. level. It was and is worth every penny. It extracts a ton of music from my CDs and is way above the stock upgrade in every facet of performance. I believe his upgrades are a tremendous value if you plan on playing and extracting the maximum music from your collection of CD's. Yes, other formats may get resolved, and there someday may exist enough software that we really want to listen to; however, for now and into the forseeable future, my GNS massaged Wadia 16i gives me musical satisfaction in the fullest sense of the word. I have known Steve Huntley for over a decade. He has upgraded and modified numerous components for me. All of them have been significant improvements, dead-on reliable and well worth the money spent. Steve is consistently conscientious about the work he does and therefore the demmand is often greater than "supply". It is one of those scenarios where patience will be rewarded. Best of luck to all.
Sorry I didn't mean to bash Steve, I was just surprised by no response. We have traded a few emails now, and he is updating my 850 in 2 weeks. I can't wait to hear the diff. I went with the ref mod for $1500.