Wadia 861se with GNS vs Esoteric or Emm players

Hello, I'm ready to send my Wadia 861se to Great Northern Sound in the next month for their Reference upgrade. Would I be better off selling the 861se and finding a used Esoteric X-01 or Emm Labs transport&dac. Having SACD might be kind of nice. Has anyone compared these three? Thanks! Stan
talon4

Showing 3 responses by aolmrd1241

Talon, Go with your gut instinct, choosing an upgrade from Steve is a no brainer. I would be hard pressed to believe that any stock machine could compete with the Wadia, upgraded by GNSC... The statement upgrade IMHO makes SACD a moot point...
Goatwuss, I feel that since the availability of sacd soft-ware is limited (in the type of music I care for) and the quality of the sound that I"am getting from Steve's statement upgrade, that sacd in "my" musical world is moot.....8^)
Talon4, Congrats on your decision to send your 861se to Steve for the statement upgrade, you are going to be one happy camper upon its return..8^) Give the unit a little time to burn in, then its off on a musical journey par excellence...