VPI Customer Service

Recently ruined one of my self adhesive strips in my VPI stainless steel clamp. Called VPI on a tuesday and on friday received 5 strips in the mail. Its very refreshing to see a company still producing excellent customer service and the service was without charge. Want to extend my best to the crew at VPI for their excellent and expeditious work.
128x128needfreestuff

Showing 4 responses by stewart0722

Has anyone heard if VPI is no longer including the periphery ring on the Classic 3? All references on their website say it's included as well as all recent reviews linked to on their website, but mine came today with no ring and no reference of a ring in the manual. I'm waiting til Monday to get the full story from VPI. I hope their customer service is as good as advertised.
There is no VPI dealer in my state so I bought it from the nearest VPI dealer in an adjoining state who set it up with a Lyra Kleos and shipped it to me. I have asked the dealer and he is checking. Not really a customer svc. matter as of yet, I just want to know if anyone was aware of a change re: VPI including the ring with the C3.
just checked boxes. serial number on big box, no serial on platter box. the clamp is the hrx clamp but it was packed in the big box with the misc items on top. there is no room in the packing of the small box where any other item could have fit. I upgraded from a c1 and this platter seems a lot more "chromed" than my old one, maybe they all are that way now....anyway, my dealer is asking Monday, I'm sure it's just that I got a C1 platter with a C3 table....
mystery solved. dealer ordered c1 at same time and ups split the shipments and delivered the platter box for c1 with the table box for c3 and the other two arrived next day after mine was shipped out. he's sending me my ring
in the platter/ring box and i'm sending empty non ring box back empty.

according to an email from VPI today, the platters/tolerances etc are identical across the classic line, there is absolutely no difference from c1 to c3 and
they are not matched pairs.....