Vincent sv-237 or Rogue Cronus Magnum II

I'm in the market for a new integrated amp.  My speakers are Dynaudio X-32s and I'm currently using a Jolida JD302CRC to drive them.  The Jolida is 50w per channel, and I wonder if I'm not on the ragged edge of power for the 4 ohm 87db efficient speakers.  Everything I read suggest the Dyns like power.  The Rogue CM is 100 watts of glorious tubes, and the Vincent is 250 watts into 4 ohms with SS amp and tube pre amp.  No one around me carries the Vincent, but I have auditioned the CM and thought it sounded wonderful!  I have a relatively small room and and don't listen that loud.  

While I like the sound with the Jolida, I wonder how much I could improve it with a little more power or current.  Can I live with what I have, absolutely.  But if I could improve it, I would like to.   
ilikesilver

Showing 3 responses by ilikesilver

Paraneer, the only reason I was considering the Vincent was it has considerably more power.  Just about everything you hear on the Dynaudios is about power, power, power.   However, I have to believe the Rogue would probably be sufficient.
There has been a lot of discussions lately on class D.   Just thinking out loud here, but I wonder how an amp from Class D Audio and a Vincent tube pre-amp would sound?  Would be plenty of power for the Dyn's!