Vincent SV-236 vs Rowland Concentra 2?

I'm looking for an integrated amp to drive my Proac D15 speakers in a medium sized room (16' x 19'). A used Concentra 2 would be at the upper end of my budget, whereas the Vincent SV-236 would be no problem.

Can anyone comment on the relative strengths of each? How much more (if anything) would I get by stretching for the Rowland and which would be more compatible with my Proacs? Are there any other integrateds should I consider for these speakers?

I listen to all types of music, so I'd like to avoid gear that lends itself to particular musical genres. I prefer a warm, smooth sound -- I'm pretty intolerant of brightness, grain, and sibilance in case that helps.

Thanks for the help!
chouca

Showing 1 response by jmcgrogan2

I second Raquel's comments, though I have not heard the Vincent either. I recently downsized for personal economic reasons, from top of the line BAT seperates to a Rowland Concentra II integrated. To be honest, I was a bit surprised at how small of an actual 'sacrifice' this was.
Yes, the BAT seperates were better, but not by nearly as much as I had anticipated. The Concentra is very transparent and revealing with no trace of SS hardness or grain. I felt it gave me over 90% of the performance of my BAT seperates for 25% of the cost.
Of course I cannot tell you what will work best with your Proac D15's, since I have not heard them.

Happy hunting,

John