Velodyne DLS-5000R or HSU VTF-3 MKII?

I'm looking for a good sub for under $1K new or used. It looks like it's coming down to these two for me. The REL's are out of my range and the appropriate SVS may be a little too big for the WAF. I can't find a Vandersteen 2Wq in my range either. The sub will be matched with a pair of KEF Reference 2's and a KEF 100c which are powered by an Arcam AVR300. The room is 21' D x 16' W with 12' ceilings. I'm more concerned about musical ability and blending well with my KEFs over cracking the side of the house. I'm sure both will be adequate for my HT needs. The KEFs will be my next upgrade probably in the next 6-9 months (unless a deal pops up->I'm looking for a clean pair of used KEF Reference 3's/104.2's or Legacy Signature III's)

I do like the remote features of the Velodyne but are the DSP features useful? Is the lower priced DLS-5000R sub as well made (close) as it's more expensive brothers or is it more mass market, entry level quality (at $799, for Velodyne that is)? Basically, should I go with a better model HSU or a lower model Velodyne?

My KEFs are rosetta burr w/gold feet and if I splurge on the rosewood HSU w/gold feet, that would be a very attractive (read->easy sell to wife ) combo in my family room.

Thanks for any input,

Scott
asahitoro

Showing 1 response by codes1

look at the aci force 750.00 new from aci 5 year warranty sealed cabinet 250 watt 10in excellent,read reviews of the two you have hear i would go with the hsu